Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Swimming like a fish

Tonight i went swimming with my roommate Domoina. i found out that i really have bad technique on most of the stokes i know. This girl who is in our ward was teaching us how to swim. Domoina's still working on floating but she's getting better :0) she's not as scared now!
I have taken swimming lessons before but i always have a problem with inhaling water as i come up for a breath. Erin was really good to work me so i didn't keep having this problem. My favorite part of the evening was when she taught me how to do the flip turns. I have always wanted to learn how to do this bu never have. I never thought i would say this but I really really enjoyed swimming laps. I used to not like it very much because i would always inhale water, but now that I have that problem almost fixed i really enjoy it. Especially now that i know how to do the flip turns those are fun but take alot of air. i'm still working on the flip turns. i always have to stop right after the turn to catch my breath but i think once i build up my endurance i should be fine :0)

I never realized how much swimming works out your whole body. you get cardio plus a little resistance training. My goal for next time is try to make it acoss the pool and back with out stopping and inhaling water. Erin told me that next time she was possibly going to teach me how to do the butterfly. i heard that this is the hardest stoke and takes the most energy. i'm kind of excited to learn it. it looks so cool!!

4 comments:

j said...

Good for you Lynz!

Mandy said...

Aww I miss swimming. I've been watching the time trials for the olympics and it really makes me want to get back in the pool. Good luck with the butterfly! I hate it but that's because I can never do it right. It's always fun to try though!

klt9976 said...

Good job!!!

rawhide said...

add me to your blog friends dude!!! no cute phlebotomy man today...sorry!!!

www.rawh1de.blogspot.com