Sunday, December 7, 2008

Triathalon Training?? heck ya

So i've recently decided that i want to get back into shape and try participating in a sprint triathalon down in st. george in May. Luckly i have a little time to prepare otherwise i would die. i still may die but I will die less (if that makes any sense) if i'm training.

so i started going to the gym again after a long 6 months yipes!! and i'm super sore. I think this new goal of mine is kind of exciting and will keep me busy for a while.
The race includes a:
-400 yd swim
-15 mile bike ride
-3 mile run

Not to bad right? I really need to work on my swimming. Luckily i don't have to do one specific stroke. I really suck at doing the freestyle stroke which i hear gets you the fastest time but i think i will just try to finish the race not go for any time breaking records. i feel like i don't get as tired doing the breast stroke or back stroke but again i think i am a little slower doing those strokes. i have a hard time coordinating my breaths with out inhaling water with the freestyle. so we'll see. i think i'm in good shape for the biking. i biked 5.5 miles yesterday and didn't get too terribly out of breath so that's a 3rd of the way there. i'm doing alright with the running i could use a little practice with my endurance though. that's huge in a triathalon!!

4 comments:

klt9976 said...

I hope you wear an outfit like the runner!

Nicole Mecham said...

That is such a great idea! I have been slacking the last few months also in the exercise department. You inspire to me to get back into the swing of things. I don't see a triathalon in my future but that's okay.

Michael said...

How is the training going? Merry Christmas!

Kayla Prestridge said...

Lynds,
you are such a spaz. I can just see you trying to inhale water while trying to swim. Lol. It's not that hard. (wink,wink)I pretty much think you're awesome. A lot more dedicated to the cause I suppose. I just go down in my basement and do the total gym...woop woop. and I still get sore. pathetic I know...but at least it's something