Monday, December 7, 2009

Update of Lyndsi's Life May-July

Shoot!! I can't believe it's been since March since I last wrote on here...dang i'm a slacker! anyways for those of you whom haven't given up on me in the Blog world here are my happenings since march as much as i can remember them. they are categorized by months and have highlights of each month that I have missed since my last entry... it's been a while so i will do it in 2 different POSTs April-July...then tomorrow August- Current...

April-
April was the end of the semester for choir...we did a dessert show which was really fun and I also got the opportunity to sing in the Saturday Morning General Conference session. I also went on a very fun Formal Date night with a bunch of friends. it was the Red Carpet Date Night put on by the institute. so much FUN i just danced the night away with all the boys :) oh and by the way this was the first time I did my own formal up do!! check it out..



May-
I went on our annual ward friend Memorial Day Campout.. we went to Escalante... if anyone remembers this time of the year this year, Utah decided it want to be like Washington and Oregon and RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN... we had straight rain the whole time...Andrea really really loved this trip... it was packed full of wetness, soggy sleeping bags, leaky tents, and a rescue by Domoina and Romeo taking us down to SUNNY st. George...no one like to camp in the rain let's be honest, so we (Andrea, myself, Rob, Katie, Domoina, and Romeo) went down to Cedar City the first night thanks to Katie for the Graciousness of her parents home!! then on to St. George where is was sunny and no RAIN. it was aweomse. We went and played in Zions since we had to buy a pass because we took Beautiful Highway 89 which i suggest to anyone!! so much prettier Drive than I-15 down to St. George. Moina and I hiked Angels Landing again and Man it seemed so easy...wonder if that's because we were in better shape...Nah probably just knew the surroundings better!
Andrea and I trying to sleep in Lizzy's car because of a Leaky Tent
Romeo, Andrea and I Jumping and trying to Fly off Angel's Landing

May also brought a short lived little Romatic Fling...to bad the man was not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed..."heck hanging out with you beats watching TV...""i just don't think you're my pea in my pod" who the heck says that anyways over a txt message ta boot... anyways long story short cute guy but dumber than a doornail... doesn' exactly know how to treat a lady. There is probably a reason he's 31 and not married gotta be careful with those types of guys!!

June- So I passed up my 25th Birthday in June!! oh YA and to Celebrate i went Sky Diving with a couple of my old Highschool buddies. Nothing like bringing in the quarter of a century by jumping out of a plane.. Mom Freaked out a little bit when i popped the Video of the Dive in, but i made sure she didn't know about it until after the fact... always best you know with moms! My 25th Birthday was pretty good...i think i had like 3 different cakes thanks to Mike, Sam and Moina? i can't remember who bought me the 3rd Cake. Sam's was definately the best..the BTS cake all the way!! It was like a week long Celebration for me coming into the world!! AWESOMENESS!! thanks mom for bringin me in this world and putting up with me for 25 awesome years :)

July- So this summer I did ALOT of camping and sleeping in sleeping bags Mostly End of July first of August (Andrea counted about 17 different occasions!!) I had the opportunity to go on another pioneer trek. I have been on one before but I don't remember it being as hard as this one. I was one of the the 4 nurses on the the Trek which was kind of cool. I got to treat many many Blisters, pull slivers out, and even Glue a 9yr old's foot wound shut with super glue. You use what you have.. As far as i know he made it out ok. My feet Hurt so bad by the end of that trip...this made me contemplate the idea of getting new Hiking Shoes. I had such an Amazing experience the Pioneer spirit was definately ALIVE and the spirit of Eligiah was there. The most Heart warming and moving part of the Trek for me was the Women's Pull... we had to pull up the biggest largest hill of the trek... there were a few girls in my family who had Asthma but they still treked up the hill with out tremble...makes me think of the women who had to do this day after day with out their men they are such stong spirits. what really got me was this whole thing was in silence and the men were at the top of the hill watching us struggle up it with the hats and heads bowed in silence. Swarms of emotions hit me at the moment when i first saw them and it made my huffing and puffing even worse but such as STONG spirit there at that time!!

I also went on backpacking overnighter which was way fun up Logan Canyon to Whitepine Lake then we floated the Logan river after and went to the GOOD OL' Demolotion Derby HECK YA!! the summer went by so fast for me!!

Michael Jackson also died this month... sad days he was such an amazing musician/entertainer. I was kind of sad to hear the news. .. R.I.P. MJ!

1 comment:

Orange Juice said...

Thanks for the encouraging words! Sounds like Summer for you was pretty eventful! You are adorable! We have yet to decide what we are going to do for Christmas and New Years. It will be a lot of traveling for me after just having a baby so I am not sure. I would love to come though to Gramps and Roxie's bowling party. We will see. If not, you should come and visit and meet the LATE little one.